In my role as an endocrinologist, I will be developing the Endocrine Oncology program at Roswell Park Cancer Institute to take care of cancer patients with various endocrine issues preceding or arising out of cancer treatment. Our goal is to understand and treat hormonal imbalances consequent to cancer therapy in addition to providing state-of-the-art care for common endocrine problems such as diabetes, hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. My research interests include immunotherapy related endocrinopathies and thyroid cancer. I am a fellow of the American College of Endocrinology as well as a member of the Endocrine Society and American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists. I also serve on the national committee for fellows-in-training for the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE).
- Sharma R, Torka P. Romosozumab Treatment in Postmenopausal Osteoporosis. N Engl J Med. 2017;376(4):395. PMID: 28125190
- Wolfgram DF, Garcia K, Evans G, Zamanian S, Tang R, Wiegmann T, Sharma R, Campbell R, Whittle J; SPRINT Study Research Group. Association of Albuminuria and Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate with Functional Performance Measures in Older Adults with Chronic Kidney Disease. Am J Nephrol. 2017;45(2):172-179. PMID: 28118620
- Tsirlin A, Oo Y, Sharma R, Kansara A, Gliwa A, Banerji MA. Pheochromocytoma: a review. Maturitas. 2014; 77(3):229-38. PMID: 24472290
- Sharma R, Torka P. Painless lumps: a manifestation of granulocytic sarcoma. Am J Med. 2010; 123 (10):902-3. PMID: 20920689
- Sharma R, Sinha S, Danishad KA, Vikram NK, Gupta A, Ahuja V, Jagannathan NR, Pandey RM, Misra A. Investigation of hepatic gluconeogenesis pathway in non-diabetic Asian Indians with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease using in vivo ((31)P) phosphorus magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Atherosclerosis. 2009; 203(1):291-7. PMID: 18674764ul>