Save the date : June 16 – June 17, 2017
Connect with other cancer survivors during a healing weekend filled with meditation, yoga, nutrition information, acupuncture and much more! This two-day event will feature expert speakers, interactive breakout sessions and a viewing of the film, "The C Word."
$20 per registrant. Cost includes refreshments on Friday and breakfast and lunch on Saturday. Payment must be made at time of registration.
Please note: cancellations after June 8 are not able to be refunded.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Research Studies Center
Elm & Carlton Streets
Buffalo, NY 14263
Alejandro Chaoul, PhD
Integrative Medicine Expert Alejandro Chaoul (PhD) teaches Tibetan meditation and mind-body techniques in various parts of the United States, Latin America, and Europe. He is currently an assistant professor and director of education at the Integrative Medicine Program at University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.
View schedule of experts' sessions below.
Friday, June 16th
- Mary Platek, PhD, MS
- Joyce Ohm, PhD
- Beth Lenegan, PhD
- Andrew Ray, PT, PhD
- Stephen Sagar, MD
- Moderator – Kara Kelly, MD
Saturday, June 17th
Moderator – Mary Reid, PhD
Nutrition – Carol DeNysschen, PhD
Meditation – Maria Kahn
Integrative Medicine – Stephen Sagar, MD
Spirituality – Lynn Eib
Medical Oncology – Tracey O’Connor, MD
Exercise – Andrew Ray, PT, PhD
Survivor – Kelly Brand
- Pilates – Kelly Brand
- Healing Touch – Sue Hess, PhD
- The Power of Telling Your Story – Anna Nold, MS and Ellen Bean, M.Ed., LMSW
- Respiratory Muscle Training Improves Exercise, Dyspnea and Quality of Life in Cancer Survivors - Bryan Wittmeyer, MS, PT and Andrew Ray, PT, PhD
- Laughter Yoga – Caren Kolerski
- Tai Chi - Kim Murphy, CIT & Grace DeLano, CIT – The Taoist Tai Chi Society
- Healthy Eating – Rael Brown & Charissa Szpaicher - Buffalo State Dietetics Education Program Students
- Drumming – Rich Schuler
- Acupuncture – Doug McDaniel, MTOM, Lac
- Spirituality – Lynn Eib - "When God and Cancer Meet"